Mold spores grow in humid areas of your home which have a lot of water supply and start damaging the structure silently. If mold is not discovered in time, it may cause a lot of damage to your property.

If you want to explore the signs of mold build-up in your home, first know how they look like. Molds are microscopic spores of fungus which prefer moisture and humid areas with a temperature of 40 to 100 degree Fahrenheit to colonize. The most common types of molds, called Mildew, usually appear as the black spots on the corners and walls and grow larger with passing time. The most dangerous type of mold is called black mold. It usually appears as dark black moss-like growths. These usually grow on dam walls, near the water leakage spots. Molds and mildews are hard to detect and remain unnoticed.

People often ask experts for mold inspection Irvine.  But, you can do it yourself if you know the tricks. Here are some easy ways to identify molds with available household items-

· Household bleach

This is a chemical that identifies and kills molds and mildews effectively. It can help you to detect the dirtiest of molds without any hassle. Try to make a solution of bleach and water in a 1:16 ratio. Use a cotton swab and dip it in the solution and dab it on the areas that are damp and have spots. If the black spots become lighter then these areas have molds. If the color does not change, then possibly this place has dirt buildup. If you do not have bleach then you may use hydrogen peroxide as an alternative.

·       Check id your home has any type of leakage

·         Water leakage is a common cause of molds. So, check near the places which are vulnerable to water leakage. For example, molds grow near the water piper, icemaker lines, plumbing joints or waste lines and air conditioner machines. Keep the water supply on and examine the pipes. The above-mentioned places have damp walls then there is a strong possibility that your home has molds. Please remember that molds may not grow immediately next to the water leakage spot. They might grow a little away also.

Another common sign of molds is the damaged paint. If the pain of a certain area has been peeling off and becoming bubbled up, then your paint may have been damaged by the mold colony.

·       Your family members have been diagnosed with allergic symptoms quite frequently

This is another sign that you cannot neglect. Molds affect the air quality inside the house. The spores are present in the air and can cause allergic reactions to people. So, if your family members or you have been frequently experiencing asthma attacks and allergic symptoms like chronic choughs, breath problems, itchy skin, red eyes, runny nose skin rashes, and other health problems then your home has become a birthplace for the molds.

Follow these methods to detect the spores and molds and clean them thoroughly to prevent damage to your house. If there is mold then you need to clean these growths as soon as possible to protect the health of your family members.

LEAVE A REPLY